Creative in Your Community 2020
We are inviting emerging artists aged 16 – 25 to be Creative In Your Community!
To apply, you must be either:
- In S5 or S6 and considering studying your chosen art form in the future, or;
- Currently in further/higher education in an arts/creative industries discipline, or;
- Have recently graduated in one of the following art forms: dance, drama/theatre, digital/film, literature, music or visual art/craft/design.
We recognise that, more than ever, we need to consider The Five Ways to Wellbeing and:
- Connect with other people
- Be active
- Learn new skills
- Give to others
- Pay more attention to the present moment.
We invite you to put together a project that:
- Involves at least one of the following art forms: dance, drama/theatre, digital/film, literature, music or visual art/craft/design;
- Engages people in your community in some way.
- Sees you collaborate with a professional mentor, e.g. an artist, musician, writer, film maker, dancer, playwright, etc.
- Might explore some of the challenges we face in our communities and/or globally today.
- Support progression and development for you as an emerging artist;
- Include elements of the Five Ways to Wellbeing;
- Promote participation and sustained engagement (e.g. build relationships between communities, artists and arts organisations);
- Be carried out in line with Scottish Government advice on physical distancing. We welcome digital responses, but also ask artists to consider digital inequality when considering how you might be Creative In Your Community as the guidelines begin to change.
- Aim to have a long-term positive outcome for you and your community.
We will support 18 emerging artists with an award of £1,000 each. This can be used to pay yourself for your time on the project and be used for any materials you might need.
All artists must be either currently living in, or have previously attended school/been home educated, in the Highland Council area.
Each of the 18 artists will also receive twelve hours of mentoring from one of six mentors listed below.
The 18 artists will also take part in three Creative Conversations facilitated by the Highland Youth Arts Hub consortium.
We hope that the 18 emerging artists will, organically, become a supportive peer network going forward.
1st July: Project launched
24th July: Closing date for applications
7th August: Announce successful artists
17th August – 4th December: Projects should take place
11th December: Brief final report/video /creative response submitted.
For more information, contact Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
MEET THE MENTORS